Monday, November 25, 2013

Costa Rica





Today we docked in Puerta Caldera, Costa Rica.  It was a commercial dock and about 30 minutes away from the town Punta Arenas.  We found some folks that would share a taxi with us into town as the cost was $60 round trip!  I have always heard Costa Rica is a beautiful country so I did not want to stop here without seeing some of the sights.
The drive was scenic as the town was across the bay.  There was lush greenery along the roadside and the road itself was well made and an easy drive.  Our taxi dropped us off at the beach area and we walked 4 blocks into town.  B found the grocery store and I meandered the local shops but did not buy anything!  I know you can hardly believe that…lol!  We stayed in town about 2 hours and came back to the ship where I found the souvenir shops and Rican experience. 
Tomorrow and the next day we are in Nicaragua and Guatemala but I am not sure I will get a chance to post more blogs…  Be safe and stay warm…

No comments:

Post a Comment